Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Still Stalking & More Planting...

Yup, I'm still stalking for sprouts, nothing yet.  So in the meantime it was time to plant all of the rest of the garden!  The farmer at the end of my street always has a FAB-U-LOUS garden and I noticed he had gone ahead with his peppers and tomatoes so I decided I could as well.  So yesterday was planting-session #2.
Above plants all purchased from Home Depot, which actually had a great selection, fair pricing and the plants all looked extremely healthy.  (As an aside I stopped by a Pike's Nursery today and found their selection to be quite small, labeled poorly and quite unhealthy looking so I was extra pleased with these from HD.)

There is something MUCH more satisfying in planting actual plants rather than planting seeds.  It's all about the instant gratification.  You go from dirt to garden in a mere matter of hours.  See?

It was a little dusky when I finished yesterday evening, gave everything a good watering and headed inside.  I have checked this morning twice for seed sprouting already.  Nothing.  Maybe I should go check again...nope nothing.  Maybe tomorrow ;)

Well that's all to update on the garden front until I have "sproutage" but here is a re-cap of what I added yesterday:
  • 17 Clemson Spineless Green Okra 
  • Flat Leaf Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and German Thyme (why do I feel a song coming on?), Cilantro, Sweet Basil and Greek Oregano (added to the still living Chives from last year.)
  • 1 ea. Big Boy and Better Boy Large Tomato
  • 4 ea. Roma Tomatoes
  • 1 ea. Yellow and Husky Red Cherry Tomato
  • 1 ea. Lemon Boy Yellow Hybrid Tomato
  • 4 ea. Mammoth Jalapeno
  • 3 ea. Big Bertha Bell Peppers
  • 2 ea. Poblano Peppers
  • 2 ea. Red Bell Peppers
  • 1 ea. Yellow Bell Pepper
  • 1 ea. Sweet Banana Pepper
Sushi Night coming up Friday night that I hope to well document!

1 comment:

  1. Still waiting to see if the seeds I planted on Sunday are going to do anything. Guess I better water tonight. I have no clue what I'm doing so it will be a pleasant surprise if something does happen.

    ReplyDelete