Chinese Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- salt and pepper
Combine all items in some kind of bowl and whisk together-or do what I did--I doubled the recipe, put it all in a quart size mason jar and just shook it up, a lot ;) I figured you can't go wrong with extra asian type tasty salad dressing.
For the Salad:
- 1/2 head Napa Cabbage-shredded (Note this is not a regular cabbage-they can be hard to find, A Napa Cabbage looks like this-after being cut in half) If you haven't had it, this is more "lettuce-y" than "cabbage-y", I liked it a lot.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce-shredded-recipe called for 1/2 head but you really need a full head to balance the cabbage
- 1 red pepper-julienned
- 2 carrots-julienned or shredded or cut with veggie peeler
- 1/4 lb. snow peas (raw and de-stringed)-julienned
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves-coarsely chopped (I used less, I think it can be strong)
- 1/4 cup green onion (thinly sliced)-I used a little more
- Rotisserie Chicken meat
- 1/2 chopped unsalted peanuts
Here is mine before adding chicken and dressing and such...